03 September 2009

Marché de Wazemmes

Well I am currently enjoying my first Guinness on this side of the ocean. It is good but tastes suspiciously watered down… But whatever. I went to the French conversation meeting last night, but ended up hanging out with a different group all night. I tried to meet with the group I found to speak French, but ended up being the resident native in a group of French people who were meeting to speak English. I had a great time and meet a lot of cool people. It was kind of a relief to speak English, but since I knew French it was also nice to help those who wanted to know how to say something in English. It was nice to meet such a large group of Lillois.

Today I experienced the Marché de Wazemmes. It was neat. Lots of booths with anything from fabric (tissues) and shoes (chausseurs) to typical groceries. As soon as I got there is started pouring and I had decided apparently that my little ballet flats were good enough so my feet got soaked; but I was in luck. I found a booth qui vende a nice pair of boots for only 15€. Now I have a pair of black boots for those all-to-often rainy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment