29 August 2009

À la Marché

I am currently sitting in a café in the Place du General de Gaulle writing on an advertisement in the Lillois version of the New Times (Direct Lille) because I left my notebook at home. An accordion player is sitting on the steps of the Théàtre du Nord. I am always going to love that. In America, all the street musicians play guitars, but so far here all I’ve seen are accordion players.
Had my first experience at a French Market today, and it was lovely. I bought two cheeses I’ve never heard of and it cost me all of 3€. Some things out here might be more expensive, but produce definitely isn’t. And thank god for Globalism; I found avacados AND cactus flowers in the market. Good to know I’m never too far from home.

One thing I keep seeing at the markets are these long, rolly grocery bags (poussette). They’re great! The Lillois use them so they wont have to walk home with arm loads of grocery bags (a feat i’ve undertaken all too many times). I think I should bring them home and market them towards college kids.

<-- OMG. Look at the wheels on this thing! This is perfect for taking up stairs! I need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment