27 August 2009

Making the Move


I am currently on the flight to Chicago, from where I fly into France. Other than having to spend about 20 mins rearranging my luggage to avoid the grotesque excess baggage fee, things have gone by smoothly. I was able to get a cheap MP3 player for $25 which hold 1000 songs, 260 of which I have already put on should last me the entire flight. I am currently listening to Cloud Cult but I have songs by Duffy; Loreenna McKennitt and Sigur Ròs to set the mood for the long flight. I’ve managed to find myself amidst a large group of sales men (and women)/inspiration speakers, je ne sais pas. As I watch them pitching to fellow passangers I am glad I have by headphones to help keep them at bay (not to mention drowning out the woman in the window seat determined to chat with her sales friend over me and across the aisle). I hope I get a window seat in Chicago so I can watch France rise beneath the plane in the morning light.

Anxiety is finally setting in.

I am on my way to live a dream I’ve had for 12 years.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! I hope you have the most wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete